If you have Company Admin permission for the Megaport Portal, you can create and edit portal users, assign roles, and activate/deactivate users.
To create a new user
- Log in to the Portal and choose Company > Manage Users.
The Manage Users page appears. This page lists already configured users.
- Click New User (at the bottom of the page).
- Complete all fields.
All fields are mandatory.
The user email address is required for registration and to enable notifications. The role determines what actions the user can perform in the portal and their access permissions. For details about the user roles, see Managing User Roles.
- Click Save.
When you create a new user, the Portal sends them an email with instructions for creating a password and logging in.
For existing users, you can edit the user profile and also activate and deactivate access. This allows for both pre-provisioning, fast enablement, and suspension of user access to the Portal.
To modify an existing user
- From the Manage Users page, find the user to modify. You can use the filter at the top of the page to focus the list.
- Click Edit for the user’s entry.
- Update the user details and click Save.